Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Invest and live

A new day. A new journal - book 3 actually. I have determined to no longer publish the obits blog I started in early February. I hear God saying to me to follow my dream and I no longer believe that dream revolves around "The Gates of Death." He is directing me in other directions. Wherever it is, I must go.

At church we have nearly finished our Sunday morning series on Ecclesiastes. This past week the study brought us to Chapter 11. The main points made were to invest and live life to the fullest.

Invest and diversify -- we're not talking stock market here. We're talking about your life, specifically, your life you gave to the Lord when you accepted Him as your personal Lord and Savior. Your new life. Not the old life you had before. Your life ... the life you have because of Jesus Christ, because of all He did just for you.

As you abide in Jesus, studying His word, meditating, praying, seeking His guidance and following through, your level of knowledge increases. Not just head smarts, but heart. Deep within your very soul, the more you abide with Christ, live life through Him, with Him, in Him, you see the wisdom of His ways for yourself. You embrace life! You see purpose and you pursue His will for your life.

Live life -- God has given us the gift of life and we should enjoy it fully while we can and as we deem best, because eventually, death will come.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself; unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (John 15: 4-5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6