Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dependency

Dependency ... learning to be like a baby, who relies completely on its parents for anything and everything. That's what we are to relearn ... to rely on God, who is willing and able to give us all the protection and provision we need.

Dependency we grow out of - we learn independence. And once we learn that, we want more.

It's hard to go back to where we were in the very beginning, because we know too much. We've become educated, through school, our parents, friends, the world around us. There's really nothing wrong with knowledge; it's how it is used that contributes to who we are.

I doubt God really wants us to go back per se. He wants our knowledge to be a stepping stone to a realization that God is and we should rely solely on that.

He wants us to be dependent on Him like a baby, a child is with its parents, to look to Him for our everything.

But it isn't easy. You have to work at it daily -- pray, meditate, study, listen, follow, obey.

Psalm 131 illustrates what David learned:

"Lord, my heart is not haughty,
Nor my eyes lofty.
Neither do I concern myself with great matters,
Nor with things too profound for me.
Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul,
Like a weaned child with his mother;
Like a weaned child is my soul within me.
O Israel, hope in the Lord
From this time forth and forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6