Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Without God, it is all meaningless

Another long week is winding down. Another week of stress, distress, frustration.

I can't be disposed to straddling the fence. I have to know where I'm going, who I'm going with, whatever the consequences, have to determine which road I'm staying on - the high road with Jesus or the low road with the world.

The world holds so much, but its all vanity. As Solomon has learned in Ecclesiastes, all of life is futile if Jesus is not in it, if your walk, your life's journey isn't with Him.

*Knowledge apart from God is meaningless

* Pleasures and possessions apart from God are meaningless

... We are "not to think of (ourselves) more highly than (we) ought to think, ... for as we have many members in one body, all the members do not have the same function." (Romans 12: 3-4)

"And He (Jesus) said to them, 'Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.' "

What does worry add? Jesus asks in Luke 12:25. Since My Father takes care of those less than you -- the birds -- the flowers -- the grass, why would He not also take care of you? You do not care for them, He does. Worrying doesn't produce what you need; it only increases your anxiety, which if you (abide with Me, with God) "but seek the Kingdom of God, all these things shall be added to you." (Luke 12: 31) All that you need. "...Your Father knows that you need these things." (Luke 12: 30)

*Worldly wisdom apart from God is meaningless

* Work not done for God's glory is meaningless

Still, still and always,
I must pray. I must abide with the Lord. I must trust. I must act, take that step of faith. I must believe. I must.
Help me Lord to achieve your will for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6