Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, February 27, 2009

Rock-a-bye baby

Remember this tune --
Rock-a-bye baby
in the tree top
When the wind blows
the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks
the cradle will fall
And down will fall baby
cradle and all.

That's what I thought of this morning. Then I re-wrote it to apply to the business world and to God's world.

Rock-a-bye baby
in the work place
When finances slow
business worries increase
When there is no money coming in
business with lock its doors
And down will fall baby
business and all.

Rock-a-bye baby
in God's holy word
When we abide in Him
We are safe and secure
When we bathe our day in prayer and praise,
thanksgiving and love,
obedience too
God enables us
to accomplish His will
And down we won't fall.

I need to rely totally on God. Stop dwelling on the circumstances around me. Like that's easy. So hard to get work done when the circumstances around you bring you down, down, down. Sadness and dismay. Every little thing seems bigger and affects you all ways.

I came across this verse in Philippians 2:14 -- "Do all things without murmuring and disputing." Perhaps I should print this out in very big letters so I will see it every day, every minute.

No grumbling, no arguing, no complaining.

"Be hospitable to one another without grumbling" 1 Peter 4:9 tells us.

Trials come. Not unusual. We should not think it is only you individually who is going through them. All of us are. Jesus suffered. He endured many trials. Can we do any less?

Lord, tell me achieve what you desire of me. Help me be obedient. Help me be grateful always. In your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6