Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Through Christ we can overcome

Our faith in Christ Jesus, or even our lack of it, shows itself in our actions that God above and our fellow man sees.

If / Since we are One with Him, then our actions should reveal a calmness in that whatever comes our way we will be able to withstand it.

Romans 5:3 tells us that because of our faith, because of God's grace, we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance.

To persevere is to keep on going. We are to rely solely on God's promises, remembering Jesus whose very death unites us with Him, whose Spirit lives on in us, to guide us in the way of Truth.

A blow comes and our first reaction is "what if, what now." It is natural to fear the unknown. But what is natural does not make it right.

We must not allow fear to take root. We must not permit the darkness of Satan to gain a foothold.

Christ overcame the darkness. We too must overcome. We must persevere.


"Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces hope, and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us."  (Romans 5:1-5 Revised Standard)

"Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it." (Psalm 34:14)

"Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another." (Romans 14:19)

Jesus tells us in John 16:33 -- "... in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." 

"22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23-1gentleness, self-control ... 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." (Galatians 5:22, 23, 25)

"I Look to the Shepherd" by Walt Harrah

I look to the Shepherd,
He meets all my needs;
Beside the still waters
He faithfully leads

Bringing peace to my soul,
As His love makes me whole.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
follow me all the days of my life.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
all my life.

And when in the valley
of deepest despair,
I look to the Shepherd,
His presence is there

Bringing peace to my soul,
As His love makes me whole.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
follow me all the days of my life.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
all my life.

Video: "Think About His Love,"  by Don Moen



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6