Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, April 11, 2011

God's mercies are new every morning

"Through the Lord's mercies we are consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." (John 14:27)

God's mercies ...
His love
His compassion
New
every morning
every single day
For you.
For me.

He sees
He remembers
He reaches
to embrace you
holding you
and me
secure. ... to Himself.

He is faithful
Let your heart
not be troubled

Hear Me
My child
in the breeze
as storm clouds gather
in the springtime rains
in prayer
in the worshipful gathering
of fellow believers
Hear Me
My child

"I will never leave you
nor forsake you." 
(Hebrews 13:5a)

"lo, 
I AM
with you
Always." 
(Matthew 28:20)

Do not
falter.
Do not allow
your pain,
your suffering
 - be it mental anguish
or physical uprooting
to reduce you
to a heap of black ash.

Stay close
To Me
To My Word

I see your beginnings, He tells us
You, looking back, see too
I see your final days, He reminds us
But you, you can only surmise
I see all that lies in between, He says
as we move, moment to moment

I see it all, The Lord says

Stay close ...
To Me
To My Word

"The Lord is my helper;
I will not fear. 
What can man do to me?"
(Hebrews 13:6a)

Whatever befalls
Come what may
It is His will
that governs
our being.

His mercies ...
His love,
His compassion
Bring renewed joy every day.

Lord,
I pray
this one of David
Psalm 17
for another.
In your blessed name ...

You have tested (his) heart
You have visited (him) in the night;
You have tried (him) and have found nothing;
(He) has purposed that (his) mouth shall not transgress.
Concerning the works of men,
By the word of Your lips,
(He) has kept (himself) from the paths of the destroyer.
Uphold (his) steps in Your paths, That (his) footsteps may not slip.
(He) has called upon You, for You will hear (him), O God;
Incline, Your ear to (him) and hear (his) speech.
Show Your marvelous lovingkindness by Your right hand,
O You who save those who trust in You
From those who rise up against them.
Keep (him) as the apple of Your eye;
Hide (him) under the shadow of Your wings.
(Psalm 17:3-8)

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6