Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, June 4, 2010

God's grace is sufficient

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

God's grace = God's power, God's love
My weakness = all of my infirmities

We can't see grace; it is not readily apparent to our being. It is there when we take that leap of faith - we pretty much disregard our brain thoughts and hone in on our heart, listening quietly, but intently, to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit -- God - the Lord Jesus Christ.

Read what Dietrich Bonhoeffer (in his devotional) has to say about it: It speaks of an event beyond all worlds and wants to draw us away from our own world to another. A dark abyss opens us, and a voice commands: Jump across. I will catch you and hold you fast. I am stretching out my hand. Now bet your life on it, and rely on me and on nothing else. My grace is sufficient for you. I am love.

"I have called you by your name; you are Mine." (Isaiah 43:1b)

God's grace, God's love, God's power is sufficient; at least it should be. If it isn't we aren't living our lives in total obedience to Him. I wonder if that is really possible, 100% total obedience to the Lord 100% of all time. It seems it is our goal, one we are always pushing toward, but not quite achieving. I think it will happen when Jesus returns again. With His arrival, we, who are believers, those long gone and those still remaining, will meet Him in the air and be homeward bound, heaven bound.

It's like it's said in 1 Corinthians 13:12, "Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."

We should continue to strive to be the person the Lord desires us to be. God's grace is sufficient.

All the accomplishments you have will not fully satisfy. All the goals you have are useless if the Lord is not at the center of your entire being.

God's grace. God's love. God's power.
I am oh so weak
And often I feel the weakness
I think I have so much power
I think I can do all
My future ... one step forward
So many steps back
My future
Shorter and shorter
The future gets.

How long
must I continue
will I continue

New avenues
paths
The journey began at birth
Our journey, my journey, your journey
Strewn with stubble, rock
One phase begins
Another ends
A continuum.

Did you hear the call?
Was that your name?
God is always calling
Some respond
Many do not.
The decisions made
Yes
No
or maybe

A new chapter begins
Another ends

Some roads lead to destruction
to financial gain - or ruin
One road leads to Jesus.

Which road do you travel?
Have you taken a new turn
in the fork of life?

"If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small." (Proverbs 24:10)
If in the struggles surrounding you, you are fearful, afraid, it is because your strength is weak. When we are with the Lord, in the Lord, our strength, through Him, is made strong.

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7)

We are called according to His purpose, by His grace. When we wholeheartedly abide with the Lord in everything we do and everything we say, seeking His guidance all along the way, our fear will depart. His grace is sufficient ... when we let go and let Him be our guiding light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6