Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Recovery is slow going

My husband Jim had a cervical tumor removed from his spinal cord just below his skull March 15. It was benign and the surgeon was able to remove a large majority of it. Praise the Lord! It was major surgery and God got us through that, with prayer from people all across the country. In some ways post-op is worse. Jim has never had surgery, other than a tonsilectomy when he was a child. He doesn't know what to expect, so he thinks he's doing terrible. He's coming off of anesthesia and being weaned off of steroids. Yesterday (Friday) he was feeling pretty good, and then today (Saturday) he was feeling pretty lousy. Says his legs feel rubbery. He has severe headaches near the incision. And he has problems taking care of "bathroom duty." I am exhausted. I work Sunday through Thursday and managed to get surgery day and the day after plus tomorrow and Monday off, but after that, its back to work I must go. I'm dreading the what if's - what if Jimmy isn't released by Monday. I shouldn't even be going there. Just concentrate on today. It's a good thing I am going to Sunday School and church tomorrow. I need lifting up big time. It helps to be able to talk to friends. Our friends everywhere are so appreciated. I love my Jimmy. I want him all better, on the mend, feeling positive, not resorting to downheartedness. His roommate Paul is not in good shape. Today he has talked often of wishing he was dead. It's off to bed and sleep I now go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6