Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Casting our cares on Him

I Peter 5: 1-10
"The elders who are among you I exhort, I who am a fellow elder and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that will be revealed: Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by constraint but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock; and when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away. Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for 'God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.' Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you."

As a shepherd/pastor of a church, must be a willing servant, honest; not as a ruler, not a boss. Be humble ( I am not much, I think - what do you think Lord?) Not prideful, not thinking and acting as if you are better than another.

Casting/throwing ALL our cares/anxieties upon You. I give them to you Lord, then I take them back. I am somewhat downtrodden. I can't think how to pull myself up. Will you lift me up Lord? Help me to feel better about myself. Jimmy had the surgery and his recovery is slowly coming. But I am dismayed by the amount of television he watches when he could be into your word. I guess I shouldn't go there. It is between him and You. It seems I watched a lot of TV too when I was off; who am I to complain. Help me to stop this. Help me keep the devil away from my mind. Help me resist his mighty efforts to bring bad thoughts into my mind and control my every thought. I don't need the devil. I don't need any part of him. Only you Lord. Help me keep my mind on you Lord.

The sufferings I face are also the same or similar as others. They can be overcome. My sufferings are minor, so very minor compared to some others, but that doesn't make them less important. The sufferings are a test; life is a continual test that strengthens us in the Lord. We must keep our mind, our thoughts always on the Lord. He will bring it to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6