Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, January 20, 2006

Why?

In today's newspaper, The Gazette, was an article about the Olivet Neighborhood Mission in northwest Cedar Rapids being burglarized. This is a wonderful ministry and I have frequently participated in its charity work by providing clothing and other items to give to those more needy than I. In this article however, it was noted $2,500 in damage was caused to the mission. Two dollars ($2.00) , a bag of handmade mittens and hats and a computer were taken. Why? I do not understand the reasoning of someone who would do this. Everything in the mission is given away. Who would do such a thing ... someone who has no sense of compassion? Why do some people think the only way to get something is to BREAK IN -- BREAK UP -- BREAK OPEN ... and TAKE?

Ah ha, compassion. That's a character word. This person of one or more must have no character, no integrity. No, that's no true. They do have character. But not integrity. Not honest, not kind, no self-control, no courtesy, no self-discipline.

But who am I to judge? I shouldn't. Sometimes I do anyway. But I shouldn't. That's God's beat. I hope whoever did this will hear their conscience saying "this was not good. you need to make amends." Maybe they'll hear. But will they listen? I can only hope they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6