Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, January 5, 2006

Pursue, persevere

Pursue God's Kingdom and our needs will be met. Where is God's kingdom? You're in it, right here on earth. We should not be afraid, yet we are. Big time fear strikes me practically every pay day. Sometimes the bigger the pay check the bigger the fear. Always, I pay God first. Always, without fail, without questioning whether I should or shouldn't. There is no reason to think about it. That is one of the Lord's commands and that is one area my husband and I never fail to obey. Yet the fear factor remains. I remain diligent. I study the Bible, I think about what it says to me personally. I strive to do the Lord's will. I, of course, do not always succeed. Events have a way of making me feel depressed and despondent. This is not good. Events come and go, but we shouldn't give up or give in. Satan does not need to have the upper hand. I will only become more depressed and despondent, giving in to eating excessive sweets, giving in to Satan's power. No! Satan will not become my master. Pursue God's Kingdom above all else and the Lord will take care of you.

Scripture verse for today: Luke 12:34 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6