Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, February 10, 2006

Walking, visiting, reminiscing

You know, Jesus walked everywhere he went, except for the occasional ride on a donkey. But He walked. Today I walked. Since we've been down to just one car as of mid-November, I take the bus more frequently. I had to go to the eye doctor this morning, so I rode in to town with my husband, and then from there I walked. Walked downtown and uptown and around town and back home. So much for taking the bus. I take the bus Monday through Thursday to get to work. Fridays are my day off. Fridays and Saturdays. Today I got plenty of walking in and I was pretty well tired out long before I ever got home. Jesus must have had plenty of stamina. But I kept going. And then I stopped to visit Anna. I never stop there, I rarely spend more than a few minutes when I see her at church. We visited for 2-1/2 hours. It was such fun. I enjoyed it immensely. And I think she did too. Anna is 3 years younger than my mom would have been if she were still alive. My mom died 10 years ago in September. She would have been 96 this July. Jim's dad was 88 when he died just before Christmas. My friend Louise died in 2002 and she was 91. Since 2002 I have wished for an older friend. I grew up around older people and I've been comfortable with them. Anna's been there. It wasn't until today that I realized it. She has children and grandchildren and she has friends. Always room for one
more. I 'm glad I stopped to rest and to reminisce. I'll have to do it again... sometime soon. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6