Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, February 9, 2006

Is this a cult?

I've been reading a bit about Dahn Yoga. Some say it is just an exercise program, others a brainwashing scheme. I don't partake in yoga primarily because I'm not interested in it. But I am a pretty regular user of massage and have on occasion used acupuncture. Are they cults? I don't know. Massage makes me feel good, makes the aches and pains less painful and sometimes go away. I believe in massage. But its not my God. I would think if you are looking at something different that you've never done before and you have the least bit of anxiety about it, you should earnestly seek guidance from the Lord. Of course if you're not a believer in Christianity, then you have another set of problems. I would pray. I don't know what you would do. Anyone have any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't call yoga a "cult" but it can be a dangerous practice. Anything which calls for us to empty our minds goes against Scripture which calls for us to guard our minds.

    Yoga itself is impossible to divorce from its roots in Eastern Mysticism.

    Massage therapy varies depending upon the methods being used. Again, anything which calls for us to empty our heads is not a good idea.

    As to accupuncture, I've never had the nerve to have needles stuck in me, so I'll admit I've never really studied it. My rule of thumb is to guard my mind and not to bow to the false gods or the sun or anything else trotted out for me to worship.

    Hope that helps a little.

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6