Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Pleasing God

The Sunday School lesson this week is on Living to Please God. That may be how you want to be, but getting there is not an easy task. Its all wonderful and good to desire to live as God wants you to live, following His commandments and teachings, but sometimes, lots of times actually, our "wonderful" human nature gets in the way.

The problem crops up everywhere. For example, in the past 19 months, I have lost 115 pounds. Unfortunately, I have gained 7 pounds. Its due to poor eating habits. It's due principally to having things "my" way instead of God's way.

I desire so much to do and be all things that are pleasing to my Lord and Saviour.
I feel I am on the bottom rung of a very tall ladder.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6