Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We can be complete

God's glory
His power
His majesty
His completeness,
whole
and without blemish

We stand on the rock,
waiting
We want to see
His ...
Him
as He is

But,
His response?
"I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." (Exodus 33:19)

But, however,
"You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." (Exodus 33:20)

And so,
He sends His Son --
complete
whole
and without blemish --
JESUS
who is the rock.

"Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected by men, but chosen by God ... a chief cornerstone, a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." (I Peter 2:4, 6, 8)

We want to see
and when we do
We reject
We rejected God
We reject His Son

We only reach out
when we glimpse
the results
of what sin has done to us.
When we accept
When we believe
When we choose
obedience to Him,
who passes by,
who shelters us
in "the cleft of the rock
and covers us with His hand." (Exodus 33:22)

Obedience
to the King of Kings
who was
and is
and is to come
He is our salvation
our truth
He makes us too
complete
Not pure,
not without blemish
But still complete

We are One with Christ
One with God
One with the Holy Spirit
His grace
His glory
and we are His
... a child of the King.


Cathy Orrick Luders
10.18.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6