Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, October 14, 2011

Find a moment ... for laughter

God is the master ...
turns our burdens
into blessings

The stress
and trauma
and unending pain
in our lives

why do we stay there?

I go
to talk,
visit a friend

life is short
why spend so much of it
churning the turmoil
into bigger

laughter
a better medicine
remembering,
reminiscing,

pleasing the Lord
a much better plan
than distressing
oneself.

I think ...

when I get old
I shall laugh more

but wait,
I am getting old
why wait longer

from the moment of birth
age creeps upon you

how much older do I need to get
before I laugh more
before I see the lighter side
the humor

even in the dark,
there can be laughter.

We mustn't let
all that is
not-so-good
overcome us,
overtake us.

Find a moment
and then find another
for laughter

Cathy Orrick Luders
10.14.2011

"Delight yourself in the Lord" (Psalm 37:4a)

"You have put gladness in my heart"  (Psalm 4:7)

"I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me." (Psalm 13:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6