Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, December 24, 2010

When The Lord calls

When The Lord calls
your name
whispering softly,
"Come my child,
your room is ready."

You go,
ready to depart now
for a calmer place
nearer to Jesus
barely aware of what is
left behind
ties of family,
friends too
Tiredness
overcomes you
and God's
still small voice
is what you hear
and what you
answer to

"I'm coming Lord.
I'm coming home."

and those who remain
face remaining time
without that physical presence
but memories linger
and the Lord --
He is nearer still.

Cathy Orrick Luders
12.24.2010

"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6