Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

As the Lord directs, do


It has been said
 the giving of greeting cards has become obsolete
too expensive has been the cry
or too much work to tackle



it has also been said
the giving of greeting cards is a ministry
a love gift, priceless
a way to stay in touch 
to remind another
they are important to you.


Not everyone
alas, you and I might,
but not everyone else
has connections
to a computer,
to the
world wide web
to be the bearer
or the recipient
of an electronic greeting.


I do send cards
and letters too
for birthdays
and anniversaries
holidays
and other special occasions
sympathy
and retirement
and even
"just because"


I send them
through the mail
I send them by
email
and I send them
through social networking sites.

I do it because I enjoy it.
Not because it is a chore
or an obligation.

I do it because, 
sometimes,
God, in His wisdom,
says to me
to write so and so today.
Let them know you are thinking of them.
Let them know you care.

And so I do.
And I am blessed. 

God sends us reminders.
He finds ways to reach us.
He doesn't discontinue old ways
just because
newer and faster ways
have become available.


"To everything there is a season, 
A Time for every purpose under heaven." 
 (Ecclesiastes 3:1)


"A man has joy by the
answer of his mouth,
And a word spoken
in due season, how good it is!

(Proverbs 15:23)


"Commit your works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established." 
(Proverbs 16:3)


"A man's heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps." 

(Proverbs 16:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6