Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Truth vs Lies

Following is a continuation of my July 22 post on Whose truth?
"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, 'If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' " (John 8:31-32 NKJ)

"... if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
"I know that you are Abraham's descendants, but you seek to kill Me, because My word has no place in you.
"I speak what I have seen with My Father, and you do what you have seen with your Father." (verses 36-38)

Being a descendant of Abraham does not make you a believer.
"If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham." (verse 39)

But they seek to kill Him.
"You do the deeds of your father." (verse 41)

Their father, whom they profess is God, is not. It is the devil. For Jesus says in verse 42, "If God were your father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me."

"Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.
"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
"But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me."(verses 43-45)

"He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear because you are not of God." (verse 47)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6