Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Snapshots of time

Today's devotional brought me to Psalm 90. Verse 12 (NKJ version) says, "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom" -- meaning, it is not how long we live that counts, but how we live.

We talk about wanting to live a long life, but it may be pointless if our life is meaningless. I'd like to live to be 100, but I sure don't want to be a vegetable ... i.e., an invalid hooked up to machines, bed ridden, no one to love, no one to love me. I suppose that is being selfish. I don't know. I'm sure God will let me know.

I was thinking of how much I ask from the Lord. More than perhaps I have any right to do. Yet, He is my Father, and my physical father was mostly absent from my life. To the Lord I can talk and discuss my life, my feelings. He knows me. ... way more than I know myself. I need to be able to let things out to somebody. He doesn't judge me - He will judge me, but not the way I mean right now. He does not have a preconceived thought that I'm up to no good, that I can't do this or that. The Lord never considers me worthless. He loves me. For that and much more I am most grateful.

Thank you Lord Jesus for being my Savior, my friend, my confidant, my mentor, my all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6