Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The necessity of trials

Yes, I suppose, trials are necessary. They bring us much closer to the Lord, that is assuming we are in a relationship with Him. I am. My husband is. I accepted the Lord as my savior in 1982, but the relationship didn't really start for many years after. Our church went through the Purpose-Driven Life. Many people don't give two hoots what Rick Warren has to say, but we found it brought us to a closerness we seemed to be lacking. I had always kept a journal, but after this study, my husband started keeping one too. His written thoughts are considerably shorter than mine, but that doesn't matter. The Bible studying, whether it be full-fledged into a particular book or word, or devotional studying, ... a beautiful relationship with our Lord was developing. The trials we find ourselves in, small or huge, doesn't matter the size, whatever we go through individually, if we stay focused on Jesus, look to Him for our needs, for our answers, be obedient to His instructions, we will overcome. For with God all things are possible. Without God, life is very hopeless indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6