Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Remember

These dark, dreary days we've had of late bring to mind that I really am older. For years I would joke with my Sunday School teacher that she was "old," but she and I both knew I was teasing. I have certainly stopped the teasing and like I said, think more of myself in that vein, so it is no longer funny. Getting older is certainly better than the alternative ... in a way. I'm not ready to die, however, if the Lord deemed it the right time, then I would be ready to go to Him. I know of many much older that are ready to be with the Lord.

The dark days, the dampness, bring on all the joint aches you know you have but don't miss when they are away. Tiredness is all too evident as well.

We have been studying 2 Timothy in Sunday School. This week it's on Endurance. I remember writing about remembering God's truths. I don't think I've written them here before. I can't find it anyway. So am sharing them with you now.

R E M E M B E R God's truths
REJOICE in the Lord always for He is with us
ETERNALLY when we have
REPENTED of our sins past present and future and accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Saviour.
MEDITATE on the Scriptures - the word of God - for they are our instructions for living, an
EXAMPLE of how God wants us to live and not to live.
MAJESTIC BEAUTY of God's wondrous creation surrounds us - the mountains, sunrise and sunset, rainbow after a storm and much more.
BLESSINGS flow from above when we are on with Him. We must run the race set before us with
ENDURANCE. God enables us to continue on, to
ENDURE, to
RESIST the Devil. We are
RENEWED daily when we seek God's will, look to Him.
Cast ALL our BURDENS upon Him and He will give us REST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6