Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Memories

This afternoon my husband and I drove from Cedar Rapids to West Branch to see the 60's exhibit (before it closed) at the Herbert Hoover Museum & Library. Admission was $12. Some of it was quite a fun trip down memory lane when we were teenagers, with the TV shows, music and dress. But, there was a lot of pain and sadness during those years, things I had forgotten or had buried - such as Kent State, riots, black inequality, Vietnam. Some things today have not changed much. Some things remain the same, we just get older, not necessarily any wiser.

I changed my post name to LauraMae Joy. Why? Laurie or Laura has always been a favorite name. I always thought if I was to have children, a girl, I might name her Laura Mae - Mae was my mom's first name and my middle name. But it didn't happen. There were/are no children. I like the name Joy as well. In my dreams, my imagination, my blog I can call myself whoever I want. So I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6