Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Jan. 1 - 4

INTRODUCTION: This year - 2016 - I am reading Sarah Young's devotional, "Jesus Calling" for the third straight year. That is not unusual. I often re-read devotionals - there is always something new to glean from the text as well as the Holy Scriptures. This time around what is new is that I decided to ask questions. I read the text, ask questions, read the Scripture and then sometimes, share my thoughts. 

JANUARY 1

Are we teachable?

Are we eager to learn new things?

Do we give our full attention to the Lord, looking forward to His plans expectantly?

His plans are to give us hope, a future. 
What do we think this is? 

What are our plans?

Whose plans will we follow?

"We are to be a living sacrifice - holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." ~ Romans 12:1-2 


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13


JANUARY 2

Do I look ahead at today's plans and problems?

Do I return my focus to Jesus whose Presence within me strengthens me for all that lies ahead?

Do I know what is better through Christ and go after it or do I move toward "me thinking" only?


Jesus responds to Martha re: her sister, Mary, who was sitting at the feet of Jesus. He responds likewise to each of us. 

"...you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her." ~Luke 10:41-42

JANUARY 3

Do I experience God's peace every moment - at all times, in all circumstances, or is worry my nature? 

Do others see Jesus within me or do they see all the problems and concerns that bog me down? 


Who do I focus my attention - heart and mind? Is it God, who constantly walks beside me and within me, or is it Satan, who rules the world we live in, who makes mountains out of mole hills, who seeks to destroy, kill all? 


Jesus  overcame the power of the devil, therefore we can too - but we do not. We accept Chris as our Savior and continue to live as if none of it matters. 

Who really has my soul?

Am I with Him and He with me as I professed He be my Savior or have I gone my own way, scattered away from Him and all He has for me? 


"...in Me you may have peace. In the wold you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:33

JANUARY 4

Do I trust Jesus or is it me alone who deals with every adverse situation that comes into play? 

How often do I say, and believe it is true -- "I trust You, Jesus?"

or is fear the road I travel?


"He only is my rock..." ~ Psalm 62:2a

"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your Presence?" ~Psalm 139:7



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6