Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Questions asked ... of God, of us -- Jan. 5 - 7

JANUARY 5

Do I learn to and do I actually do rely on God through every problem, every failure, every weakness, every need? 

"Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit. Depart from evil and do good, Seek peace and pursue it. The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry. The righteous cry out and the Lored hears And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all." ~ Psalm 34:13-15, 17-19

JANUARY 6

Do I believe God can do more than I can possibly imagine?

Do I come to Him expectantly with all that He could do?

Or do I expect nothing good ... is it all futile? 

Am I discouraged with every circumstance that arises or do I view it as a way for God to intervene?

Do I see every difficulty as a scene for which He will move?

Are my eyes and my mind wide open to all that is God?

Am I focused on heavenly things or on earthly things?

"For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God."
~
Romans 8:6-8

"Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." ~ Isaiah 40:31

JANUARY 7

Do I thank God for everything - good and bad?

Am I appreciative of the arguments between me and another, realizing the argument shows I am not focused on God, but rather on me and my perceptions of the other person?

Do I ask for the Lord's assistance at every turn and thank Him for all He has done, or do forget and think it was just luck? 

Do I seek His will, searching for a better way through Him or do I just go and do or don't do; whatever pleases me?

Do I pray for guidance, ask another to pray for me (and/or us)?

How can I trust you if you won't talk to me, talking instead to someone else about us?

How can I know what is real, what is true, if all I hear from you is what is wrong with me?

How can I know what is the right thing to do? 

Who am I listening to - the Lord whom I gave my heart to or Satan, who rules the world and causes me to believe the life I have with another is futile, worthless? 

"Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man in whom there is no help. His spirit departs, he returns to his earth; in that very day his plans perish." ~ Psalm 146:1-4

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~ I Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6