Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, June 16, 2014

Be Strong In The Lord

This morning before Bible study when I was cleaning Bandy bunny’s hutch the title of a song came to me, “Be Strong In The Lord.” I had a little trouble finding the words, so this might be a bit mixed up, but it gets the point across I believe.

verse 1:
Be strong in the Lord
and be of good courage
Your mighty Defender is always the same
Mount up with wings as the eagle ascending
Victory is sure when you call on His name.

verse 2:
So put on the armor the Lord has provided
And place your defense in His unfailing care
Trust Him for He will be with you in battle
Lighting your path to avoid every snare

verse 3:
Be strong in the Lord
and be of good courage
Your mighty Commander
will vanquish the foe
Fear not the battle
for the victory is always His
He will protect you wherever you go.

chorus:
Be strong
Be strong
Be strong in the Lord
and be of good courage
for He is your guide.

Be strong
Be strong
Be strong in the Lord
And rejoice for the victory is yours
 

The Scripture for these words of wisdom can be found in Ephesians 6:10-11 – “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (New International Version)

Today’s devotional reading took me to Micah 6-8 in the Old Testament, which reads: “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly (or prudently, carefully, obediently) with your God.”

Stay on the high road with Me, the Lord tells us
Do not listen to the voices of others
who try to divert or take away your attention to Me
Do not travel the low road that leads to ruin
but follow the path I have chosen for you.

You will know the path, the way
when you follow Me
For I AM The Way
and The Life
and The Truth
(John 14:6)

 Come to Me My Son, My Daughter
Spend time with Me
Trust Me

I will strengthen you
I will bring you nourishment and provide rest
I will bring you through the desert loneliness and depressing low valleys
I am with you always
(Matthew 28:20)

Do not keep My word hidden in a drawer or on a shelf
Open Me.
Read, study, listen
Know My commandments
Remember My promises.

Come To Me in the stillness of your day

Talk to Me. Tell Me your desires,  your needs, your pain.
I know you, but it is good for you to talk to Me.
It is good for you to listen to My responses.

Be strong. Through Me you can do all things.

 Do not fear what men can do to you.
Remember,  I have overcome the world.
Satan may think he has the upper hand, but I rule.
I AM The Almighty God. I AM.

 Do not forget.
Allow Me to lead you My Child. Under My leadership, My guidance, you will never go astray. Be obedient to Me and Trust Me.

 Seek Me out everywhere you are, everywhere you go, for every circumstance, every situation.

 Do not be afraid of the enemy, for he /she is everywhere.

 Be strong in My Name.

Isaiah 41:10: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen  you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Isaiah 45:5: “I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me.”

Isaiah 58:11: “The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.”

2 Thessalonians 3:3: “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”   

Job 42:2: “I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted.”

John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

1 John 4:4: “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.”


Deuteronomy 31:6: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

(c) Cathy Orrick Luders
June 16, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6