Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Lord Is my Shepherd

(Based on Psalms 23, 27 and 31)

The Lord is my Shepherd
True and Good
Master and King 
It is His voice I seek in the morning quiet
and throughout the day.

I seek too voices of loved ones
My husband
My wife
My children
My parents
My friends 
and I listen to what they have to say. 

But The Lord is my Shepherd
It is He - Jesus Christ
who guides my steps in the way I should go. 

If I do not follow Him,
I am like a lost and frightened puppy dog who doesn't know the way home or where the next meal is coming from. 

The Lord is my light and my salvation. He is the strength of my life.  

None of this comes from our loved ones.
The Lord illuminates our mind so we can understand better.
He lightens our path so we do not stumble and fall, saving us from harm. 

His strength gives me strength to face the day no matter what sorrow may come my way. 

The Lord is my teacher, my guidance counselor, my helper.

I can learn from my loved ones too, but even the best intentions can be faulty. 

The Lord is good and pure and true. He is faultless, blameless, sinless. He is always with me, everywhere I go. 

My loved ones are with me too and I think of them throughout the day. 

The Lord's Spirit lives within me. We converse. It is a blessing to speak to God and hear His reply.

The Lord desires a deep relationship with me, not superficial, not once in a while, not when the mood strikes. To know Him. Really know Him as He knows me. 

We have relationships with our loved ones too. They are important, especially the relationship between husband and wife. 

But even that relationship should not take precedence over our personal relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ. 

Teach me
Lead me
Show me The Way 

Do not deliver me to the will of those who come against You, who do not know You.

The Lord is my Rock, my refuge, my redeemer.

Let me never be ashamed of You my Lord. 

Do not allow my personal troubles to take priority over meeting with You. 

How will I bring another to You if I myself don't come? 

How will another see Jesus if they don't see Him in me? 

How can I be a faithful servant of my Lord if I don't follow Him at all costs? 

After all, He suffered, He bled, He died and He rose again .... for me and for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6