Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Have you lost sight of God?

You lose sight of God when your circumstances take more and more of your time and you give in to them. ...

When you have a disagreement and when it grows out of proportion...

When you allow the problem to continue to irritate you and when you dwell on it...

Then, you have taken your focus off God. 

Your focus sits on your current circumstance and you fail to realize God is with you, has been with you. He is holding your hand, guiding your steps, BUT then you let go. 

God tells us He will not allow us to be tempted more than we are able to bear ... that there will be a way of escape. 

But we don't see the way out. All we see is red, anger, frustration. Stuck in the circumstance, desiring to remove yourself from it. 

What do you do? What should you do? 

Psalm 73 reminds us
(1) of what we have been, as if we need reminding --

"My heart was grieved
And I was vexed in my mind.
I was so foolish and ignorant,
I was like a beast before You."
(verses 21-22)


(2) of what we still have -- 

"Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand
You will guide me with Your counsel
And afterward receive me to glory."
(verses 23-24)


(3) and of what we must continue to do --

"But it is good for me to draw near to God" (verse 28)

Return your focus on the Lord God, He, whom you trust, He who is the strength of your heart. 

Return to Him, thank Him for where He has brought you and for how He will guide you in the coming days. 

Apologize to Him, seek His forgiveness 

Return your focus on Him, Return to His path, so your feet don't stumble and your steps don't slip and your mind won't wander. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6