Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, January 15, 2011

He will direct you, step by step

"A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps."
 (Proverbs 16:9)

"Without counsel, plans go awry,..." (Proverbs 15:22)

A study I started a couple of years ago I am to return to. It was a study on stones. Biblical stones. I have been waiting, waiting for a sign, I guess, on where to go with it. One sign came last Sunday. The church bulletin said, "The one without sin among you should be the first to throw a stone." (John 8:7)

Tuesday I was looking on YouTube.com and came across the music video, "Agent of Grace," a compilation of the life of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. The music title: "Broken Road: 12 Stones."





Thursday I was reading in Proverbs, coming across this verse:
"A present is a precious stone in the eyes of its possessor;" (Proverbs 17:8)

Today I thought of the words "step by step He leads me." I found the song, "Oh God, You Are My God (Step by Step)", presented live by Michael W. Smith.



We want to have a vision of the whole of our life, not just bits and pieces, and then pursue that vision based on our personal thought. The trouble is our vision is not always in line with God - our path goes crooked, we are unsure where to go next, what the next step would be.

If we follow the Lord and let our vision be directed by Him, we will discover what the next step is ... for He will tell us, in His time. We must be patient. We will accomplish so much more when our steps are entwined with His and He's doing the leading. He guides us step-by-step, and He will show us the way IF we are abiding with Him, in Him. IF we are listening intently for His voice, we will know what the next step is. And His way will become our way.

As I side note, I found a Messianic ballet/interpretive dance of "Oh God You Are My God." Go here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DcBovotT4 for an experience not soon to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6