Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Temptation

"And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen." (last part of the Lord's Prayer, Matthew 6:13)

How do you pray "lead us not into temptation?"

It seems I am forever faced with such
and it is agony
and agonizing

Lord,
Lead me not into my own will
Lead me away from all that is bad for me
Make Your will stronger than my will.

How can I pray at that last minute.

There I have no strength,
no will power

There is nothing.
I give in.
I have fallen
and then
I have consequences to face.

I learn.
I understand.
But unfortunately,
the learning and the
understanding
don't stay with me.
It dissipates
and a return
to those things
I really don't want to do
comes again.

Please Lord
Lead me elsewhere
Away from all
the not-so-good-for-me
temptations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6