Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Take time to pray, to rest

My husband had his shoulder surgery Thursday morning. A torn rotator cuff held together by mere fibers. He came through it fine. The surgeon did an excellent job. Now for the hard part ... the recovery. Not just him and not just me, but us together, with the Lord surrounding us, abiding with us, and we with Him.

This morning I read Leviticus 25:1-7. Verse 4 says "but in the seventh year there shall be a sabbath of solemn rest for the land, a sabbath to the Lord..."

David Sper of Our Daily Bread said:
"To face life's many challenges
and overcome each test,
The Lord tells us
to take the time
to stop, to pray, to rest."

Dear Lord,
I pray you will guide me on the path you desire for me, for Jimmy, for us together. Help me not to give in to dismay and self-pity. Show me the light of your love and guidance always. Keep my eyes, my mind, my heart solely focused on you and not how. You know the how. I don't need to know how it will happen, just that you are in control of the situation and when. Rid me of all anxiety. Help me to stay focused in and on your word, your promises, to rest in your arms, to be surrounded by your peace. In your name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6