Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, November 3, 2008

Me oh My

My legs itch.
My selfishness gets the best of me at times
My plans go awry
Me
Me
Me
My feelings
My loss
My dreams
My everything

What does God think of me?
Where am I

Is He happy with me?

Can He see my love for Him?

Is He ashamed of me

Does He consider me an evil doer
a foolish woman
a prayer warrior?

Is God pleased with my attempts to honor Him?

Does God consider me
His daughter?
Or am I alone

Should I withdraw into myself
Should I hide
Should I withdraw from activities

No one sees
No one responds

My fears
My concerns
My desires

What does God see in me?
Where am I

Am I sunshine
or clouds of gray
Am I caring
Or do I care less

Do you Lord see my love for others
Or have I betrayed you

What does God think of me
Am I growing
or am I stagnant

Is this all selfishness
to write so much
about nothing
Am I nothing

Who am I Lord
Where am I

Am I in the midst
of others with greater

I know where you are Lord
I talk to you daily
I read your holy Word
I think about what you
have to say to me
You are here, right here,
in my heart.

But where am I Lord?
Who will answer?
Ed Ames once sang a song, "Who will answer?"
Who am I Lord
Where am I

Am I where you want me to be
Are you pleased with me
Do I bring you any joy
or only anguish

It's not all about me.
But always there is a me.
The body of me make up mankind.

Woe is me

1 comment:

  1. To My Caffie Girl, My Sweetheart,

    I need to apologize to you for not seeing your need. I hope you know I love you with all of my heart. Other then my Salvation you are and continue to be the best thing that ever happened to me. My life is wonderful because of you. I am so looking forward to our trip to the one place where you and I always find a time of refreshment. That is Northeast Missouri. Being with you is super wonderful.

    Even though I may may not notice, I guess it is the "male" in me, please know I will always be here for you. I do not want you to be unhappy. God brought us together. We have something spectacular.

    I LOVE YOU!!!

    Your Jimmy

    ReplyDelete

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6