Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, December 22, 2006

What have I to give?

Good question. Reminds me of the song "The Little Drummer Boy" - poor as I am what have I to give? I'll give Him my heart, I'll play my best for Him.

I only worked 4 days this week and it was the longest week in history I thought. And now I am off today, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday - Christmas Day. Jesus's Birthday - the day we Christians celebrate His birth.

Later this morning I have to take the bus to the women's center at the hospital - for a mammogram. Our health insurance deductible has been met, therefore I don't have to worry about paying for it. Thank goodness! This afternoon my husband and I are going to a funeral visitation for one of Jim's hospice patients. And then later we are having friends over for homemade chicken soup and bread and veggies and a gift exchange. It should be fun.

Today, this morning, I will hear whether our desire to be a host family to a Korean boy has been approved or not. It seems there is a concern about the type of house pet we have - which is a bunny. He weighs just over 1 pound. Apparently in Korea, dogs and cats are common, but bunnies are not. God knows best. Whatever. It's frustrating to say the least.

Saturday morning we get our regular 6-week hair cuts.

Sunday - Christmas Eve. In the morning we have Sunday school and church, then more friends are coming over afterward for Kentucky Fried chicken, cranberry salad, veggies, etc. Then we will return to church for evening services.

Yesterday, Dec. 21, was the one-year anniversary of Jim's dad's death, my daddy-in-law.

Monday - Christmas Day. It will be Jim and I and BeeJay and Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6