Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The days go by

The days go by. In and out. Day and Night. Night and Day. Breathe in, breathe out. Go to bed, wake up, go to work, go home. Start over. Another day. Another night. Much more to anything than just that. But the days do go by. It's life. Sometimes life is wonderful. Sometimes life is not so wonderful. It's sorta irrelevant. God created life and I'm glad of that. Because I am His and that's really what's most important.

June 6 I started a Bible study on the book of Hebrews. Today, July 20, I finished the study.

A lot has happened since my last writing on June 20. For one thing, my husband Jim and I visited Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Mo. Jim had attended there for a year-and-a-half many years ago, but this was my first visit. It's really a small campus. Actually its the smallest of the Southern Baptist seminaries in the United States. Yesterday, two weeks after sending in the application for admission, all of the necessary pieces were in hand to forward to the Admissions Committee. We continue to wait. Wait, wait, wait. It has not always been one of my stronger suits. It still isn't really. But I am better at waiting than I have been. I am more patient. I can not nor will I ever really be able to say I am a patient person. Because I'm not. But I am more patient thanks to Jesus being in my life. I am because He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6