Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, December 10, 2010

A new song

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."  -- Colossians 3:1-3


I died. Not physically, as in all bodily function ceasing, but spiritually. 
A goodbye to earthly, worldly, flesh things -- 
adultery
fornication 
uncleanness
licentiousness
idolatry
sorcery
hatred
contentions
jealousies
outbursts of wrath
selfish ambitions
dissensions
heresies
envy
murders
drunkenness
revelries 
(Galatians 5:19-21)


No more were they to be the accepting way of life. 


I gave my life to Jesus
The year was 1982
I accepted His birth, His death, His burial, His resurrection
He died for me
Not so I could live to me and mine 
But to Him, to His 


To live as He lived
To walk as He walked 
A hello to 
love
joy
peace
long-suffering/patience
kindness
goodness
faithfulness
gentleness
self-control 
(Galatians 5:22-23)


"And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us walk in the Spirit." (Galatians 5:24-25)


For I died, and my life is hidden with Christ in God and since I live in the Spirit, I must walk in the Spirit.


"Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!" (Psalm 98:1)


A new song, a renewed song, a song of beginning again in God's way, of rejoicing in what the Lord has led you to and through. 
Not an old song, stagnant and full of remorse.
Sing to the Lord a new song! One filled with blessings, filled with joy, filled with peace, filled withlove.
A new song
A new beginning
God's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6