Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, May 7, 2007

Looking back

It's hard to believe, but its been nearly 2 months since I have written anything in my blog. That's not to say I haven't done any journaling. I write every day - about what has gone on or hasn't in my life, about what God has said to me, about anything and everything.

Tonight while looking in my journal, I came across what I wrote Feb. 25. That day was when snow and ice bombarded Iowa and most churches across the state did not hold services.

The Scripture reading that morning was Hebrews 3:12-14. What I gleaned was ..... Today I must listen to His voice. Today I must not harden my heart. I must not turn away from the Lord.

Looking back is good when it is to recall what God has done on our behalf.

Looking ahead is good when we remember God is ever present. When we follow Him and obey His commands, He is always with us.

But when we see only obstacles and react to them out of fear we have taken God out of the picture.

Fear hinders faith, but trust kindles confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6