Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where are you headed?

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearer. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ also forgave you. Therefore be followers of God as dear children And walk in love, as Christ has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 4:29-32, 5:1-2)


We, who profess to be Christ's followers, must renounce our lives, our self-seeking desires and wants, and live the life Christ set out for us.

Who are we to pronounce judgment on another, believer and non-believer, determining in our hearts our way is the only way ...

How can we possibly think we know exactly what is right and true ...

How can we condemn another just because there is disagreement, disunity ...

When did Jesus say you have no sin, you may throw the first stone ...

"He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone ... first." (John 8:7)

When did Jesus make you a god ...

Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Jesus is the light of the world and we as His believers are to follow Him, walk in His ways, obedient to the end.

You, Mr. Above Reproach and Mrs. Know It All should rethink who you are and who you follow. Where do your true loyalties lie ... Is Jesus your commander-in- chief or are you listening to another ...

"You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world." (John 8:23)

"If you abide in My word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32)

"He who is of God hears God's words" (John 8:47)

To be fully obedient to the call of Christ is to follow His path that He sets us on wherever it leads, within the body of believers and within the world. The Christian life is to be lived within the world. We are to renounce secular worldviews for Christian thinking. We are to live our life, follow Christ's walk for us anywhere and everywhere. There is no perfect place, and even if there was, that is not where God would purpose us to be.

Following Christ is God's divine command for all.

Grace is God's gift I received when I accepted Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, when I accepted through faith that Jesus died for me, my soul, that He forgave me of my sins, because He loved me, loves me still. God gives me this gift. Who I am, what I am, what I do with this gift shows Him where my life is or isn't in His Son, Jesus. My answer should be one of following Christ at any and all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6