Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Friday, May 20, 2011

A Beacon of Light

Today's devotional led me to Psalm 119:10-16, particularly verse 13. I was reading in the New King James version when I decided to see how it read in the Chicken Soup for the Soul Bible (New Living Translation).  Those verses are here:
10 "I  have tried my best to find you -- don't let me wander from your commands. 11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. 12 Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your principles. 13 I have recited aloud all the laws you have given us. 14 I have rejoiced in your decrees as much as in riches. 15 I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways. 16 I will delight in your principles and not forget your word." 


What lies within our heart will come out of our mouth. If it be God's word we profess to carry, then the Lord must have command of our whole heart, not just a teeny portion we feel obliged to share.

The very next page in my Chicken Soup for the Soul Bible was a story titled "A Beacon of Light." It was about a woman who had been considering suicide yet found her way to a church, whose tower was a brilliant beacon of light.

Suicide. It seems it is running rampant these days. Young people falling into despair and not knowing where to turn, who to turn to, how to turn around. What have they missed ... do they not know they are loved? Has the sadness within themselves brought such a lostness and forlornness ... does no one see it? Does no one reach out.

A beacon of light ... God's light ... is there shining, reaching out to you.  All around you. Look up to the Father, talk to the Lord Jesus who understands your pain. He died for you. Grab hold of His hand that offers you a new life. A ray of hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6