Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Monday, January 4, 2010

In us, let HIM

"Morning by morning The Lord wakens me and opens my understanding to His will." - Isaiah 50:4b

I remember this verse from some time ago and thought it spoke to me so well I would include it on my blog. I did that a year or so ago. Today, Bonhoeffer's devotional brought it to me again, when he said, "Morning by morning He wakens me -- every new morning is a new beginning of our life. Every day is a completed whole." A completed whole -- interesting. On Sunday morning our pastor's message included Colossians 3:12-17. Verse 14 says, "But above all these things -- tender mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another and forgiving one another (verse 12-13) -- put on Love, which is the bond of perfection" ... completeness.

Above all, be perfect, be complete, through Christ who lives within us.

Let His heart be seen in us (v 12)
Let His forgiveness be modeled by us (v 13)
Let His love unite us (v 14)
Let His peace rule over us (v 15)
Let His word dwell in us (v 16)
Let His name propel us (v 17)


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6