Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gentle words

Today's devotional brought me to Ephesians 4:17-32 ... a lot to say in that passage. Verses that particularly caught my eye and mind: "So put away all falsehood and tell your neighbor the truth ... And don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. For anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil. Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words and slander, as well as all types of malicious behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."

Gentle words are more powerful than angry words

My prayer is to be gentle in all my words to all I come in contact. ... to refrain from anything that appears malicious. Even when/though it not be my intent, another might perceive it as such. My desire is to be and do whatever the Lord desires. I have far to go in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6