Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Control

I lack self-control, especially when it comes to eating the wrong stuff. I have no problem eating that which is good for me. I practice it day in and day out. Unfortunately, I also have no problem eating that which is not good for me. I don't do that daily - that's good! but it would be better if I didn't do it at all, or allowed myself a sweet only as a special treat and not whenever I felt like it.

Today's Scripture reading was Titus 1: 1-9, but I read the entire 3-chapter book. My devotional book said this: When we discipline ourselves to keep our ordinary desires under control, we make a habit of virtuous living and practice the reality of Romans 6:18 -- "And having been set free from sin, you become slaves of righteousness."

Giving Christ control over everything is a daily thing or minute thing. Whenever we realize we have taken over the reigns, we must give it back, because we can do nothing of ourselves, only through Christ who strengthens us. I know this, I'm more than aware that this is true. Yet I allow Satan to tell me its not gonna hurt you, chocolate is not a problem, you won't gain any weight. Who am I fooling? Life is more than eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6