Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

This and That

  • This morning I finished reading Potok's book "I am the Clay." I had just started it yesterday. A different kind of reading. Nothing Jewish about it whatsoever. It was about the Korean War ... refugees, survival. An old man and woman and a boy. The woman often would say, "Have Thine Own Way Lord. Ye are the potter, I am the clay." She didn't know what it meant, but she repeated it often, prayed it. And the Lord ... along the way, had His own way.

  • Frank E. Graeff penned these words to a hymn I have never heard:
"Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song;
As the burdens press,
And the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?
O yes, He cares.
I know He cares,
His heart is touched by my grief;
When the days are weary,
The long night dreary,
I know my Savior cares."

  • Someone I know is looking for a job. A lot of us are doing that, some any job, some a specific job, some for a well-paying job, some with excellent benefits. This particular person is looking for a fun job. One without stress, not a management position, unless possibly of course it could be fun?! B - that's what I'm going to call him/her ... has no college education. B is heading into a not-so-good depression. It is hard to get out of depression. Is there a way I can help? Lord is there something specific you would have me do to help B? ... a verse or specific book of the Bible to direct B to?

  • Faith comes, grows with life experiences. As small as a mustard seed, it grows by leaps and bounds as you give more and more to the Lord, allow Him to form you, mold you. Need to pray, help me, help me be the person you want me to be. Show me the way to act, to speak, keep Satan away from my back door. Guard all sides Lord. Believe the Lord is with you in all you do. Just a little bit of faith is all you need - 'cause like I said, your faith will grow, and then whether you be in lean times or plenty, you will do as the Lord commands, and all will be well.

  • The Sunday School lesson for this week is on Caleb: "Faith Endures." Scripture reading is Numbers 13:1 - 14:38 and Joshua 14:1-14

One small negative comment can spread like wildfire and crush out any positiveness that might have been - if we allow Satan to have the upper hand. If we believe any bit of falsehood, what little faith we have gets snuffed out and we become more and more disheartened.

The Promised Land - Israel. So much. Lost. Israel did not become a state until 1948 - after World War II, after the Holocaust. Those who complain, constantly complain against me, your Lord, shall not enter the Promised Land. It seems the Jewish people were constantly nomads, wondering here and there, looking, seeking, but not finding. Looking for something, but unsure what. When it was right there under their noses, they still did not see. Numbers 14:31 says in the Living Bible paraphrased "You said your children would become slaves of the people of the land." Throughout the entire history of the Jewish people, they have been slaves of whoever was the controlling body. All because they failed to see, respond, be faithful to the Lord and ultimately, to his son, Jesus Christ. Descendents of Caleb, tribe of Judah, will inherit Israel. The Jewish people did not listen to the Lord. They did not listen to Moses. They continued to do their own thing. Occasionally there would be one/a few who looked to the Lord for guidance and likewise responded, but for the most part, it was their own will to which they responded.

  • Why is the Lord silent? Why do you not hear when He speaks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6