Interactive Flash presentation of the Gospel:
www.thekristo.com

Saturday, October 8, 2005

Life with Christ

The Sunday school lesson this week is on "Experiencing God's Life-Changing Power" and is taken from Ephesians 1:18 - 2:10.

"The Purpose-Driven Life," written by Rick Warren asks What on Earth am I here for?
I struggled with that for a long time. I wondered what legacy I would leave anyone since I had no children and only one nephew and not a lot of influence there that I could see. I came to realize that I'm not really put on this earth for me and my selfish desires. I'm here to praise and worship God, my creator, your creator. To obey His commandments, not to listen to our inner thoughts telling us other things.

God tells us through the Scriptures (vs. 8-10):
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

It is by His grace we have been saved through faith in His son Jesus Christ. It is not anything we have done -- no way we can earn salvation. It is God's gift to us. No matter where you are in your life - no matter where you live. A person is not saved by being born in a particular country or by belonging to a particular ethnic group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6